Thursday, July 11, 2013

Glory's Development - 01

So I got my shipping notice for Glory last night, and I thought it might be fun to do some posts about developing my character into the doll I imagine.

Here is the sculpt I purchased.  I got her in Peach Gold skin with no face-up.  Oh, and the smallest bust possible.  My Glory is not well-endowed.  I may sand down her wide hips, not sure yet...

So here is some art of the character she is going to be based on:


Her Bard costume, and her Travel clothes.  Art by KabukiKatze of DA.
So yes, I confess, she is a Dungeons and Dragons character, originally.  17 years old, on a trip of her own around the world.  Well.  Not really on her own, her father hired a bodyguard to keep his Glory safe!  Bera is a half-giant, and Glory's new best friend.

Glory's New Gown.  Art by Marie-Berry of DA.
She is delighted by novelty, sweet and naive.  She's very optimistic, believing the best of everyone.  Basically, she's a Disney Princess with magical song and dance powers.

Pasque and Glory. Art by Asher Dumonchelle
At one point she is "kidnapped" by this cursed prince, Pasque.  When the two of them met, my friend and I were in love with their chemistry and interaction.  Pasque is a foul-mouthed mechanical genius living under a curse.  Naturally Glory swooned. ;)  By this point, over a year later, we've written thousands and thousands of words of fiction detailing their relationship.

Speaking of Pasque, here is the doll my friendo picked out to make into him!
Pasque and Glory at the ball.  Art by Kennasaur of DA.
So here's the outfits I would love to get commissioned for both dolls.  They wear these clothes to a ball in the D&D game, and I love the designs my friend came up with for them.


Next Time:  Concept imagery and what I have so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment