Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Blugh - Housing Photos

So I wanted to snap some pictures of where my dolls are displayed.  I should have remembered I'm terrible at that. :/
Juno and Lucy in their little living room
See, our bedroom window is to the left of our display shelves, so everything on the right side of each shelf is bright and sunny, while the left is all gloom and darkness. :C

Dinea, Valley, and Didi's foot.  Didi is nude at the moment and didn't want to be in the picture.
Poor Dinea.  She has this beautiful gown and veil, and deserves to have her own special display.  Instead, she's just plonked down on a shelf with the others.

William and the SD shelf
Look at those giant boots!  And the ugly upholstery on those chairs.  Some day I'd like to cover them in a neutral fabric, but for now, this is what I have for the SD size dolls.  Coming soon - Glory, my newest girl, who will occupy the other chair.  Shelf, picture frame and clock all found at Hobby Lobby on clearance.  Yay!

Meg hiding from the sun in her hand-made bed

The other side of her room.  Lots of dolls!
 I really need to find a way to light the rooms evenly.  Meg and Mika have such cute little rooms/displays.  I wish I could show you in a higher quality fashion.

Mika in his hand-made bed

His slightly mis-matched furniture and toys!

The chair is a pin-cushion I found on clearance at Jo-Ann Fabrics, and the rest is all either home-made or found on the cheap from dollhouse furniture places or scrap book supplies.  The blanket I just crocheted from scrap yarn, and the bed sheet and pillow are made from a little handkerchief I cut up and hand-sewed.

Meg and Mika's bed frames are just empty boxes I saw being tossed at the hobby store and asked if we could have them.  Covered with a bit of handkerchief fabric and ribbon and voila! Bed for doll. :)

Sorry for the horrible quality, but I hope you enjoyed it anyway!

No comments:

Post a Comment