Saturday, July 13, 2013

Glory is here! :D

For those of you who don't go to DoA, here is my box opening for Glory...

When I went to bed last night, EMS tracking had fibbed to me. I thought my Glory was still in Chicago Customs! So I was not up and braced and watching for the mail man all coiffed like I should have been. Instead, when the doorbell rang, I ran to it looking like this:

How I looked this morning
Baggy, unfocused eyes (I didn't stop to put on my glasses), unbrushed hair, no bra under my pajamas, and about a week's worth of leg hair growth. I know, I'm disgusting. :C That poor mailman must have retched when he got outside.

The box! It's almost as wide as our little dining room table! You can see my pukipuki Hedwig standing by to help.



Hi Hedwig! Thanks for blocking my address for me.
Let's all pretend I did a great job faking Hedwig using an Exacto knife to open the box. "My, how realistic!" Thank you, I know. I'm basically a master at this.

No newspaper or anything for me! Just a quick layer of bubblewrap taped on.

One thing I thought was neat - it says "And Character Figures". I don't know, it made me happy that the company acknowledges we make characters out of their figurines. Just me?
Foul tempters! "Oh, don't mind us, we're just a gang of super awesome dolls you want now. We could be your cool gang of dolls...for a price. Maniacal laugh!"
Weird that they wrote my name out all smudgy like that.
Holy cow, those lips. And that nose! Ahhhhh, and I got the blue eyes I requested! Hearts and hearts and hearts.
Decency flower! You can see her tiny little bosoms - I got the smallest size possible. My poor little character is not well-endowed in the least.
Stamped head cap! I've never seen a headcap like this before, with the jutting pieces. I like it! But it did fall off a couple of times when I was moving her around. :/
So, here she is, sitting up. And here's where I started to get curious about her resin. See, I ordered the Peach Gold, and she's not looking as tanned as I had expected. I like the color and all, but I could have sworn it was meant to be darker...
Okay, in this shot her skin looks more peachy. So...maybe it's fine? Ugh, I don't know. But hey, pretty eyes!
I would direct your attention to her flipping beautiful hands. I may have to give her a little mani at some point.

Scratches on the torso? Something on the torso. I'm not wizened enough in the way of resin to call what those marks are. Thinner resin spots? Unsure.
Standing right out of the box! Wee! The body kind of clicks into positions, which I hadn't experienced before - but I like it! It may take some getting used to, however...
Heave-ho!
"Hello there, little one!"
"We'll chat later, oh naked one. Time to get some clothes on!"

So, a note about these clothes...I didn't research Iplehouse's nYID body and just bought regular SD sized clothes. Then I found out they aren't supposed to be able to fit in such clothes! Woe! But hey, as you'll see, things turned out better than expected...

The stuff! Let us begin...
So, in a bit of dumb luck, I bought a SD 16 tank top. Phew! Thank you to Dorset Clothing over at Etsy for the cute shirt. ^^
Dollmore plaid shirt fits fine...unbuttoned.
A bit of a snug fit snapped up. Definitely wouldn't fit on a doll with a larger bust, I'm afraid.
Dollmore SD knee socks. Fit fine! I want them slouchy, so I wasn't too worried about if they reached her knees or not, but they do if you're curious. ^^
SD sized shoes. I was particularly worried about these, because I heard the nYID feet were too wide for SD shoes and would have to wear Model size. And at first, it was looking like my info was correct. Her feet were more ugly stepsister than Cinderella.
But! With a bit of gentle wiggling around and persistence, they fit! Even over socks! Woooooo! *party down*
She can even stand in them! Woefully, even though I ordered her skirt from Ebay weeks ago, it has yet to arrive. So she's a bit immodest at the moment.
And with her wig on! I clearly need to figure out how to tame wigs. I hear baby brushes work well, so I may have to shell out for one of those.

No comments:

Post a Comment