Thursday, July 18, 2013

Concept Versus Reality - Dinea

So here was Dinea's original mock-up.  I wanted her to be ethereal and light and soft.  You will see how she has changed since this design...

Her eyes are blue!  I really do want to get the otherworldly white eyes for her still.  As she is meant to be a supernatural being (the keeper of dreams) plain blue eyes don't really give off that other-worldly feeling.

She also got her headdress of blue beads, and kept the long silver wig.

You can see she kept the sheer white sleeves, but her gown has changed a bit.  It's gathered at the waist and...
Terrible full shot, but you can see the beading on her gown, and her veil!  The fabulous artist who made this gown for me weighted the veil with some beads, and I love the overall look.

Bonus pictures!




2 comments:

  1. In my experience, the concept you have in your head and the actual doll, can differ greatly. :P
    I understand that you want her to resemple your concept as much as possible, but Dinea is still very pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right. And thank you so much for your kind comments! ^^

      Delete